Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Wow. Ender's Game
Wow. I really did not expect this book to be so sad. It isn't a tragedy or anything, but the small choices that the author makes to show the types of people Graff and stuff are looking for is almost scary. First, the fact that Ender beat up Stilson was a "good thing" because of his motivation. The author graphically displays Ender showing his brother the blood on his shoes. Second, Ender snaps and breaks a kids arm; it seems like Graff enjoyed this. Graff decides that he will tell everyone that Ender is better than them, and ender is now alone. Ender silently cries himself to sleep... That is sad to me. I just wonder if the book will keep this seemingly non-existent morality, or if things will change. Although as the main character, Ender is supposed to be cheered on, I don't like rooting for a character that gets other people's blood on his shoe and breaks people's arms and gets rewarded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment