Monday, January 6, 2014

What do I want from this semester?

Two main things, reading and writing.

I feel that I read slowly, but I try to read every, but in college I won't have the time. So learning the triage is my number one priority. I really need to be able to get through books, while understanding them more quickly. I have never been a super speedy reader; and in college, with more reading, I won't be able to put in all the time that I would like.

Secondly, writing. I feel similar to reading in that I write slowly, but very well. In college, without the time to put in extra work it will be tough. Assuming that I usually want to get a good night's sleep, I will need to learn to turn out higher quality content more quickly. Even in in-class writing I feel like my work isn't as good as when I can take it home and work for more hours. This might be especially difficult because I might not get as good a sense of the reading because I'm also reading faster.

I really look forward to collaborative discussions. I feel that a student led discussion will force me to get an even stronger grasp of the material. I also feel that I always use the same voice; I want to be able to shift between formal and informal writing at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment